Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yours, mine and... ours

Well the Burton household is proud to announce that it will soon add one more to its crazy mix. Yes, we are expecting a baby! I am 7 weeks along so I am due in March, around the 12th.

We told the kids last weekend and they are so very excited to have a little brother or sister. Morgan said she doesn't care which one it is (a girl or a boy), as long as it is both.... She doesn't know that those kinds of thoughts cause nightmares!

I have been so sick the past week and a half that not telling people became 'not an option'. I was never ever sick with Morgan so I think I went into this pregnancy a little cocky. Boy have I been humbled. I am nauseous from the time I wake up until early afternoon. I have spent many days in my bed with my laptop next to me so I could work and moan at the same time. Let me say this again, thank goodness I work from home.

We have not even discussed names yet, but so far the count of people who think we are having a boy is about 1,200 and the number of people who think we are having a girl is 0. So we will see....

14 comments:

Dyana said...

Go for Bubba...that is a strong name....Bubba Burton. LOL
Anyhow, that is fantastic news...now if it were only contagious...

Angi Gerrie said...

Congrats! That is fun for you guys- not the sick part of course... hopefully it will be a "first trimester only" sickness!

Liz said...

Congrats girlie!!! Who would have thought??? Hope the sickness goes away soon.

Broadheads said...

Ok so here are our thoughts...If you have a boy Camden will have a new best friend, if its a girl Camden will now have two girlfriends (whitney mae and your lil one)! So I think I am with Morgan when she says she doesnt care what it is as long as its both...LOL anyhow congrats!!!

Aubrey Doyle said...

Congratulations! How exciting! I am so happy for you guys!

Jaime said...

Congratulations! I'm sorry you are sick. I know the feeling and it's horrible. But the end result is more than worth it.

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Yippy for babies! I am so happy for you two! I hope it is both! LOL!

wisthrop said...

Yea for you!! I'm so excited for you. You and John will have so much fun with a new baby! Stacie and I have only a few weeks left until our new baby arrives. We are so excited. Congrats!!

Heidi said...

Another Congrats! its what one must say about such news. Your family is already fun and unique and this will only add to your coolness as the Burtons. ps a lesson well done while sick.

Life Is Good said...

I think I agree with Morgan. Two would be nice! Hahaha.

A_ronisgonegone2 said...

Well I would agree that the chances of you having a boy is quite good. Really I think that Morgan is enough girl that all of the possibility of a girl was spent in her. Congratulations though. Does this mean that it's now a package deal when Morgan comes to hang out with her equal (Megan)?

Laurie said...

Maybe Morgan is right and it's a hermaphrodite. Or maybe it's one of each. You know how I like to freak everyone out about twins....
Seriously, CONGRATS!! What a happy time for you.

Jacki said...

Yea! I am so excited for you. I am so sorry you feel terrible. I know how that feels. Hang in there. I need your address too for a thank you card. When you have a sec could you e-mail it to me?

Jenifer said...

Hey Missy, You probably don't remember me from high school, but I linked you from Sarah. Congrats on the baby! How exciting! I hope you are feeling better soon!