Monday, July 21, 2008

Fourth of July Party

John and I hosted a neighborhood 4th of July party (and yes, I realize that that was weeks ago, but I am feeling blog-lazy). I just wanted to post some pictures of our awesome friends and neighbors.

Here are the new mom's Mindy and Rochelle.



Here is Mindy's huband Danny all decked out in his cowboy attire along with handlebar mustache. I just had to jump in this picture at the last minute.



Here are the other Missie and Jeannie


Here are our next door neighbors Melanie and Carl, with Stephen lurking in the background. Carl and Melanie moved to Riverton the day before, and I am still kind of mad at them for leaving us and for taking all of Morgan's friends with them. These are Morgan's boyfriends parents; so I guess I will see them more often when they are Morgan's inlaws. And everytime a camera is put in Carl's face his eyes automatically go cross-eyed. I think he needs professional help!

Here are the neighborhood tough guys, Aaron, Rod, and Matt.... don't mess with them... Actually I think they are the crazy shirt gang!

And then here is another person who needs to seek professional help, whenever a camera is shown, Morgan strikes a pose...



We had such a great night. After everyone left John and I counted up how many people were there and we came up with 53! Holy cow there were so many people there, but it was a great time. When the sun went down we started the firework show. Aaron, the neighborhood pyro, brought over about $350.00 worth of fireworks, but said his wife only allowed him to bring out about $150.00 from the car. It was an awesome firework show. He had a few of these huge cones that each lasted about 20 minutes each. I would have never bought one of those before but after seeing one I seriously think that next year I will buy one of those and call it good....







7 comments:

Dyana said...

Hey...We never got an invite...you told me about it a few weeks earlier & said you were going to bring by an invite....we never received anything so I thought you had bailed on the idea....Darn it! You probably spaced it....Or maybe you decided that the Whiteley's were not good enough to come....Mmmmmm Which is it? LOL!! Looks like you a had a ton of fun. Happy 4th!

Dyana said...

Thanks for offering to spend time with me while my husband is gone....We have Katie living with us right now & he gets to come home a day early....SO, i will catch you next time.
All is okay with the 4th of July....we just sat around home ALL DAY LONG! :) Kidding! We really need to do something with the girls, though.

Aubrey Doyle said...

Looks like you had a great party! We were still recovering from our crummy camping trip and didn't make it over, but it sure sounds like we missed a fun one!

Kelly said...

You know Chad and Rochelle? They're family friends of the Kunz's. Pretty much family. We do Christmas breakfast with them. Small world. Looks like fun!!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Wish I could have been there looks like a lot of fun. I love Morgan's pose she is great. I am glad that I have you guys as neighbors, sorry no kids for Morgan to play with. Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it. I don't know what I would do without the Burton's! Love the update!

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

Oh my, that is a pretty attractive picture of my cowboy hubby! That was such a fun BBQ. You guys are great hosts. I LOVE the picture of Morgan posing. Very cute! She makes me laugh!

Broadheads said...

OK how do you know Kelly Kunz...I give her husband matt props for helping raise my husband really!