Friday, March 7, 2008

Where did my memory go?

So you know how you use the same pin number for years and then one day it is absolutely gone from your memory? This has happened twice this week. First was at work where we use a password to sign on to our server computer. Well I was working on Saturday from home and had to sign in and could not for the life of me remember this password, even though I use it 10 times a day. I ended up having to call my old boss at home and ask him, boy did I look like an idiot!

Then last night I went to the grocery store and when I was paying the debit machine just kept asking me for my pin. After I put it in 5 times I told the cashier and she said, "Oh, it really only does that when you are putting in the wrong number." And to my embarassement I was putting in the wrong number! And to make things worse, my pin is a very important date I should remember! I told the cashier that I was putting in the wrong pin and we both laughed at my stupidity... well I probably laughed harder.

But seriously, I think I am losing all memory of my 5,987,356,388 passwords and pins I have to remember, I better start writing them down.

7 comments:

Dyana said...

Isn't memory loss a sign of pregnancy? LOL OOPS! (did I say that out loud?) It's probably just AGE....don't worry about it. ;)

Jewels said...

Did you ever have your memory?

Natalie Jo said...

it's called momnesia. we all have it. some of us have worse cases than others...

Laurie said...

Sounds a lot like pregnancy to me...

Annie Miller said...

You are so not alone on this one. There was a time when I was sharp as a tack...or at least I thought so. I can't keep anything straight in my head anymore. I forget my pin all the time. Pretty annoying and embarassing! Momnesia it is!!!

Shannon said...

Don't question why you can't remember things, you hit the nail on the head when you said you have over 5 million passwords and pins, that's ALOT to remember.

Jaime said...

I wanted to comment on this post a long time ago...but I forgot my Google password.