Friday, June 27, 2008

Life afer Cambodia

Things have been quite busy since I got back from my trip. I actually came home and the very next day I went into work and gave my two weeks notice. I decided that I just couldn't keep up with my life anymore and I was tired of being tired and stressed and overwhelmed and... well you get the picture.

So I told Doug, my boss that I was quitting. He was not pleased but said he understood my decision if it meant more time with my family. The next day I when I went back to work he called me into his office and said that I couldn't quit and that he would do whatever it took to get me to stay there even if it meant I worked from home. Well I thought about it for the day and the next day I told him I would stay working there and work from home. So I have been doing that for about four weeks now and it is soooo awesome. It works out well. I don't have to worry about who is going to watch Morgan and she is so happy not to have to be dropped off somewhere every morning... And I get so much accomplished at home. I can do laundry while I work or whatever else needs to be done (just don't mention that part to Doug). So I am a lot less overwhelmed. I also don't need to work so many hours during the last two weeks of the month; it is our slow time so my schedule is not so hectic. So work life is really great.

I also just finished my summer semester this week, my second to last. I am actually done at Westminster College. The next time I see that campus will be at graduation, what a nice feeling! My last semester is at the University of Utah because of scheduling issues. Which is nice to save a little money on tuition and to be back at the old stomping grounds. I am looking forward to it; well mainly because it means I am soo close to being done.

Now a funny Morgan story. While we were driving last week:

Morgan: "Mom what would you do if I fell out of the car?" (This is such a typical 4 year old question, isn't it?)
Mom: "I would scream. What would you do if I fell out of the car?"
Morgan: "I would scream so loud that the people in China would hear. No wait, I mean the people in Shenzhen and Hong Kong would hear!"

Can you believe this little girl can remember that I went to Shenzhen and Hong Kong! I don't think John even remembers that I went to Shenzhen and Hong Kong!

She is one smart little girl; with a good memory that she will probably use against me for my whole life.

7 comments:

SARAH said...

That's great that you can work from home- I'm sure Morgan is in heaven (and you too!).
Hope you're having a happy summer!

Dyana said...

Cool...so you are home. The girls are with us now until the 13th of the month. If Morgan gets bored....call me, Nichole would love a buddy.

wisthrop said...

I'm so happy that you get to work from home. That makes things much easier I'm sure. I'm excited that you are almost finished with school. It is such a relief when that is over. Keep in touch.

Angi Gerrie said...

Morgan is so funny! That is really great that you get to work from home. I am glad that I only have to work 2 days a week- I know what a pain it is to worry about getting a sitter. Good for you.

Natalie Jo said...

your mom told me you were working at home. that is so exciting! call me if you want to go swimming or just to play. savannah could always use some to keep her busy.

Brittany said...

That is so great that you get to work from home. It was fun to catch up on your trip and hear that cute Morgan story, she is a hoot!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

I love Morgan stories, they always make my day. I am glad that you enjoy your job and can stay at home, it benefits me as well because now I can call you. Thanks again for your help.