Monday, August 27, 2007

"Burton Bunch"

It has been an exhausting weekend. We had all three girls this weekend (which only makes me appreciate the boredom of the other weekends... alone). John had a scout meeting on Saturday morning from 8 am until 12 noon. (Don't be jealous, he said it wasn't as fun as it sounds). Anyway, I took the girls shopping at Target to spend their $10.00 they got from Grandma and Grandpa Fyans from our group birthday party. (Used to be $20.00, people need to stop precreating, it is affecting my birthday money!) They had so much fun looking at all the toys and books and movies, and I literally mean we looked at ALL the toys and books and movies. Morgan got a barbie (of course, because the other 25 are "gross" now). Brittney got a movie and Callie begged and begged for a makeup set, with real makeup. I was panicking thinking of getting this real makeup set for a 4-year old, but it was the only thing she wanted and she was so intent on it. So I let her have it. I guess this is one of the joys of having step-kids. I don't have to deal with many of the consequences... I should have sent it home to their mommy's house. Just as a small repayment for the bathtub crayons she gave Morgan for her birthday last year.

And now on to the Morgan story for the day. She was in the bathroom going potty and asked me to join her, as usual. I just keep wondering at what age you not only want no one in the bathroom with you, but you would like people to stay 20 feet from the door too. Anyway, she was in the bathroom going cockydoody (John's word) and after she was done she asked if I got any water splashed on me because it was a big one. I couldn't help but laugh, and then thank heaven that I didn't get splashed on.

0 comments: