Monday, September 17, 2007

Dance class and dance video

You will have to pardon my long absences, I am finding school a little overwhelming at the moment. But to update everyone on Morgan and her dance class. We went on Saturday and she again didn't want to dance in front of everyone. We sat and watched for about fifteen minutes and I kept asking her if she was ready to go out and dance. I was really thinking about leaving and not ever going back. So then I asked her if she wanted to dance and I would go out there with her, she finally said yes. So out we went to dance. I had to stand behind her the entire time and "help" her do the dance. You know how you always feel less stupid when someone is making a fool of themselves with you, I guess this was just one of those situations. I just never thought of Morgan as someone who would need a "stupid buffer". I guess she is a "Nelson". But to make a long story short, she finally danced. Now let's see if she can dance next week without her buffer.

Now on to the dance video portion of the blog. In our ward there are these cute set of 17-year old twins, a boy and a girl, who have adopted John and I ever since we went to Youth Conference. A couple of weeks ago, Stephen, (the boy) asked us if we would help him ask a girl to the homecoming dance. We, of course, said yes. Who doesn't love to re-live these moments without any of the awkwardness!? So him and his friends came over to our house and I recorded a dance/singing video to ask this girl out. It was sooo hilarious. John was front and center of the video, so much so that Stephen's mom said this poor girl wouldn't know who was asking her to the dance, Stephen or Brother Burton! Well I am trying to figure out how to post it on here. It is something we can all enjoy! Just don't tell John.

1 comments:

Jewels said...

Get the video!! I want to see this!