Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Missy Homemaker

So tell me if you have ever felt this way. In relief society they ask for volunteers to sew some book bags for a humanitarian project. I, of course, volunteer. I haven't sewn much in the past 20 years, so really what am I doing volunteering for that? I guess I had a moment of weakness. Anyway, after reading the instructions 5,000 times and going back to the relief society president three times for more handles (how embarrasing), I finally complete my bags. So we are supposed to bring them to our Super Saturday activity that we had last Saturday. Well the Sunday before I see someone else's bag and it looks really different than mine. I am sitting there trying not to be obvious looking at it and really the only thing I can think of is, "Well I am NOT going to start over!" So on Saturday I show up at the church for Super Saturday and quickly put my bags in the middle of the stack of other bags. This little lesson will make me think twice about volunteering my sewing services again!

Life is still going well. John likes his new job, but he says the only part of the day he gets excited about, is going home. Join the club! He is also feeling much better about his Young Men's calling. Last Sunday was his first real Sunday and he said it went very well. He had more young men than he thought. Which is a good sign...

Morgan is also still loving preschool, but still insists that she has made no friends. I don't believe her...

0 comments: