Monday, September 10, 2007

Un-dance class

Morgan started dance class on Saturday, well, we went to dance class on Saturday, but the only one of us that danced was me! We got there and Morgan just wanted to watch for a while before she felt like she could go out there. So we sat and watched.... and watched. Finally the owner of the dance studio hopped up and took Morgan out there with her. Morgan just stood there looking at her new dance shoes...that's it! So I got up and went out there, still nothing. So after the class I asked her why she didn't dance in dance class. She said she wanted to dance, but not in front of all the other people. I tried to tell her that that's exactly what dance class is, dancing in front of other people. We will see what next class brings. I am willing to bet we do lots of "watching" again.

It has also been pointed out to me by my Aunt Kay that I never divulged what John's new calling is in church. (I can't even keep up with my own life!) He is the new Young Men's President. He is very excited but more overwhelmed right now. We have good young men in our ward, but it seems like most are really struggling in life right now. And since John and I were in charge of Youth Conference this year, and the kids just loved John, the bishop said he was the man for the job. Good Luck John!

Speaking of John, he started his new job today. I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm sure he is hating it right this minute, isn't that the way it is with new jobs? But I told him that after 3 days, it will get much better...

2 comments:

Laurie said...

wow - poor John. New calling and new job! I don't envy him right now.

Kelleen said...

Morgan can't go to dance class and show all the other little girls up on the first day. I don't blame her for sitting this one out.