Saturday, January 12, 2008

Here it is another Saturday afternoon and I am at the library of Westminster college studying, well Ok I am taking a break right now. Last week my laptop completely died (the guy at PC Laptops basically told me to throw it in the garbage), so I have been behind the blogging updates, not to mention I think I lost most of my pictures. Anyway, moving on to the good news, John's ex-wife just got engaged and I'm pretty sure John and I are more excited than she is. John pays her alimony until she gets remarried, so this fact alone made us jump for excitement. Not to mention that she just needs to move on and start being nice to John, which I am hoping this accomplishes!
Also our international school trip, where I was going to go to Israel, got cancelled because of the instabilty in the country,(who can argue with that?). I really had my heart set on going there so I was so dissapointed to have to choose another trip to go on. But I have finally decided to go to China and Cambodia. For those of you that know me, this is going to be quite a stretch for me, I feel like China may as well be on another planet, not to mention the fact that I am a terribly nervous flyer and the flight is around 18 hours! So needless to say I have been having nightmares for the past month about going, but I am really excited. I also have an assingment for all you faithful bloggers, please post an idea of what I can do on the airplane to keep me occupied so I don't freakout and want to scratch and kick at the door to get off!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

When are you going to China? That will be so fun! Ideas for the plane ride...Sudoku, People Puzzler, (a whole book of People Magazine's crossword puzzles) if your lap top is working obviously movies and finally I suggest you make a trip to your doctor before your trip and request a heavy-duty narcotic!

Brittany said...

Wow you are becoming a world traveler. I have only one idea for you if you have not read the "Twilight" series it would be a great one to take with you on the plane, you can't put those books down. Good luck!

Tierney said...

I agree with Shanny, take Sudoku. It requires thought, so you won't be thinking about falling into the ocean. (: I hate flying over water and that is my worst fear - that I'll crash in the water and survive, only to be eaten by an Oceanic White Tip shark (they cause the most deaths as a result of shipwreck,etc because of their ridiculously acute sense of smell). Okay, so that probably didn't help...but you're not alone. I hate flying too. Also, some planes now have trivia games you can play on the tv screens...that might keep your mind off of it.

Jewels said...

I also agree with Shannon but not for Sudoku...for the narcotic.

Cary said...

Missy!! Hey, I found your blog!! And I love it!! YOu are grand and to be honest, I don't have many ideas for a flight to China. I am not a good flyer myself. Maybe you should take an ipod, put a GREAT deal of happy music on it so you can listen to it and pretend you are in a happy place. I don't know if that will work for SEVERAL hours, but just a thought!
Here is our blog site -- happywallfamily.blogspot.com