Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Nutcracker


Morgan and I went to see the Nutcracker at Capital Theater last month. It was such a fun time. We decided to take Trax down there so we didn't have to trudge through the snow from our parking spot 3 miles away. So anway, we get on the train and we sit across from each other and there were very few people on when we got on. Well each stop we made more and more "interesting" people got on. Apparently Morgan is a people watcher, just like me. She sat there looking at everyone and after about 10 minutes she said to me, "Oh my gosh mom, I almost forgot you were here, I was so busy looking at everyone." The guy across from us was laughing so hard at her, and so was I.

Then after about another 10 minutes of "watching" she asks me in her very loud 4-year old voice if I would still love her if she was Chinese....

I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. Very embarrassing! But I assured her I would and then tried to concentrate on my shoes.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

When she asked you if you would still love her if she were Chinese, you should of yelled, "Heck no!" Then it would have been REALLY fun to watch all the people.

Tierney said...

I love it - that it hilarious! I've had a few of those "I can't believe my kid just said that aloud moments". One was the first time Jackson saw a "vertically challenged" person.

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Oh Morgan, I do not know what I would do without her funny comments.