Saturday, May 10, 2008

Day 1

Since I was really terrible about keeping my blog updated while I was on my trip I thought I would just post an entry for every day we were gone and share a couple of pics.


Day 1:

We flew from L.A. to Hong Kong and got there at 5:00am Hong Kong time. We had an 8 hour layover until we flew to Cambodia so we went on a city tour. I was so tired that I think I slept walked the entire day. Despite what you think, it is not that easy to get a good night sleep while sitting straight up, with your knees touching the seat in front of you for 14 hours....

Here is a picture of the city scape of Hong Kong from the highest point, called Victoria's Peak. It is very foggy because it was so early in the day. I was surprised at how tropical it was there. I felt like we were in Hawaii, it was early in the day so it wasn't so blasted hot yet, but it was humid and green.

And this is what I look like when I have not slept, showered or changed my clothes for two days...


Then we got to see some shrines (which I think we only set up for the tourists, which really takes the "specialness" away from them). But here I am posing anyway...
We then caught another plane at 3:00pm and flew two hours to Phnom Penh Cambodia. I was so exhausted by the time we got there that I think I fell into bed, which was like sleeping on a piece of plywood. The beds were so hard there, I thought it was a cruel joke at first, turns out it wasn't. Those were the beds we were going to be sleeping in for the next 4 nights....

1 comments:

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

I am so excited to read about your trip! Day 1 sounds like it was a good one! You look cute in your pictures!