Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day 10




Day 10 was another Sunday but we were in China and didn't have a clue where we could find an LDS church anywhere so the LDS kids decided to do a sacrament meeting in one of the hotel rooms. One of the guys in our group had gotten permission beforehand to conduct one, good thinking on his part. So we gathered in their room and sang an opening song and had an opening prayer then took the sacrament and then decided to open the floor up to anyone who didn't get a chance to bear their testimony last week in Cambodia to do so here. So a couple of the guys got up to bear their testimony's. What a great meeting this was. I felt the spirit so strongly in that hotel room in China with only 10 of us. I will always remember my church experiences on my trip. I felt like I was right where I should be at that time. I needed to experience the things that I had seen and heard on this trip. The whole trip was such a testimony builder for me.


Well we finished up with a word of prayer and then were off to do our last two business visits. Yes, the people in China were all working on Sunday because they had a day off during the week for a Chinese holiday and were making up for it on Sunday. Our first trip was to see a container/shipping company. This was not cool for us; we got to see a company from on top of a hill looking down on them. Apparently civilians cannot enter container company grounds. Why we went to see one then, don't know!


Our next, and last business visit was to a garment manufacturer (not that kind of garments) where they made women's underwear. It was pretty interesting to go see, the working conditions were better than I imagined a manufacturer in China to be.




That night a group of 12 of us decided to head down to the pier and find a nice place to eat and celebrate it being our last night in China and the last night of our trip for that matter, well one not spent on a plane anyway. So we found this Thai restaurant that was sooo good. We sat at this giant table with this huge lazy susan in the middle. We all just chatted and ate and most everybody drank. It was a good time. Here are Blake and I with our curly kiddie straws that they give you when you order a Coke and not a beer. We were the only two non-drinkers at the dinner and we had to make fun of ourselves with these ridiculous straws.

Here is what everybody else looked like:

Here is the last picture I took on my trip. It is looking out to the ocean and to Hong Kong from Shenzhen China. Doesn't this look more like Hawaii than what you thought China would look like??

0 comments: