Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 11

Day 11 involved a lot of traveling. We left our hotel in Shenzhen China at about 8:00am to drive across the border to Hong Kong so we could catch our place to LA. We had to go through China customs again and this time our guide got in trouble because we were all in one big line and they wanted us to be in two lines. The custom agents pushed Stephen, our guide, up against a wall and grabbed him by the neck. That would never happen in the US. It was kind of scary.....

Anyway we flew out of Hong Kong at 1:00pm on Monday afternoon and landed in LA at 1:00pm on Monday. It is weird that you can fly for 14 hours and it is still the same time when you get off of the plane. Now you know why my sleep pattern was so messed up!

We then had a five hour layover in LA before we flew back to SLC. Two of us managed to catch an earlier flight home and I was sooooo happy! We got home at about 3:30 pm and I have never been so glad to drive on I-15. Things seemed so different, I couldn't beleive I had only been gone for 2 weeks... it seemed like 2 years.

That wraps up my 2 week trip and it only took my 5 weeks to blog about! Now I can finally talk about what has been going on since I got home.... but on another post.

2 comments:

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Your trip sounds great, you did a lot in two weeks. Thanks for sharing your experiences and again thanks for all your help with my job, you are great. I owe you! Call me to baby sit!

Jaime said...

14 hours on a plane. Yikes. Did you sleep for days once you got home?