Friday, October 12, 2007

I am a dork

Ok, I think I am finally ready to tell the world what a fool I am. So last Tuesday night Julie, Morgan and I had a girls night. We decided to go eat at Famous Dave's and it was so good. Well while we were walking out I ran into an old friend who I have not seen for about six years. He was with his two kids and told us he was going through a divorce and that things were hard right now. Well he also said that is soon-to-be ex-wife was there with them and soon she came out and we all chatted for a moment. (Really this has nothing to do with the story, just trying to give the whole background of the situation). Well Brandon (my old friend) and I decided we would get together one night and catch up and compare divorce stories so I gave him my number and we left.

So Julie, Morgan and I walked to my car and got in, well Brandon and his "wife" were parked next to us and were getting in their car while we were going to leave. Well there was no car parked in front of me so I decided to pull forward instead of reverse out and risk any embarassment. So I pull forward and run right over the cement parking strip that was in front of my car and if that is not bad enough I also run over the one in the stall in front of me. It felt like we ran right over a curb, no two curbs! And to make it worse both Julie and I could hear Brandon laughing at me and my windows were up! I wanted to crawl under a rock for about 10 years. Julie laughed so hard I thought she was going to pee her pants. I laughed, but not as hard as Julie, because I felt too dumb to laugh. There is no way to play that off like you meant to do that.

I tried to convice Julie that I had ran into Brandon a couple of weeks ago and we came up with this elaborate plan just to give her a good laugh, but she wouldn't buy it.

So there it is... and I know it sounds dumb now, but it really was humiliating. But the good news is that I think Julie might have laughed off two years worth of stress.

5 comments:

Jewels said...

Oh, I did! The great part is when I think about it I still laugh.

Laurie said...

That is a good one. I'm sure your friend will be calling now any day...

SARAH said...

That's awesome. At least you didn't get high centered on the cement barrier- I've pulled that one before.

Brittany said...

I hope you don't care but I was curious about the story from Julie's blog. That is hilarious & it makes me feel good to think I am not the only one out there who has done that!

Brittany Johnson

Tierney said...

I think your story is hilarious! I told Vinny when we were out to dinner on Friday and he died laughing. Also, we were driving in the parking lot at Outback and I told him to park somewhere but there was a curb in the way and he said "What, do you want me to pull a Missy?"