Monday, October 22, 2007

Passport

I decided that it was time to get going on getting my passport for my school trip next May. So I got online and filled out that applications, printed in all out and went down to the post office turn it in. I walk in and there are two ladies behind the passport counter just chatting away and not a soul in the room. I tell them I need to get a passport and they tell me I will have to sign up on the list, and that the next opening they have is on the 30th. I think I just stood there are stared at her like "are you kidding me?" When they didn't laugh and say gotcha, I took the clipboard and signed up for two weeks from now! So I have never gotten a passport before, but seriously, I have to wait two weeks to get my passport when I have the application in my hand all filled out! Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

2 comments:

SARAH said...

You can expedite it, but it will cost you twice as much. So where are you off to?
WIll you do me a favor? I switched my blog to an invite only blog (which you are of course invited), but I don't know if it's working. Will you let me know if you can log into it?
Thanks!!

Natalie Jo said...

Been there done that recently. If you were at the Sandy one they seem to have a long wait. Eric went to the West Jordan one and well there was like a 3 day wait time. I only had to renew so I did it by mail. Good luck! As for the expedieting. Well we did that. It took a week. Yep, one week. That is all. So don't worry. I think that they made this whole passport scare thing up so they don't have to work as hard and so they can make more money! Good luck!